Development Proposal for Kennedy Road
We are pleased to share with you our plans for a proposed residential development on Kennedy Road (formerly 12600 Old Kennedy Road). The Town of Caledon’s Zoning By-law permits the 10-unit townhouse development, however a Site Plan Approval application will soon be submitted to the Town to fine-tune the site and building design.
Approximate site location on Kennedy Road
What are we planning?
- We are proposing two freehold townhouse blocks with a total of ten, two-storey ownership units.
- A total of 12 new trees are proposed to be planted throughout the site.
- An attached garage for each home and two off-street parking spaces per unit.
- Design and high-quality construction that reflects the character of the neighbourhood
Proposed Site Plan
Who will live there?
To qualify for homeownership with Habitat GTA, a partner family must meet the following criteria:
- They must be currently living in unsafe, unhealthy, overcrowded housing;
- They must have a demonstrated track record of employment in order to be able to carry a modest mortgage, and;
- They must be willing to volunteer 500 “sweat equity” hours to help build their own home, other Habitat homes, or volunteering in our ReStores or with events.
Like all other homeowners, these families will pay property taxes while building home equity. In general, after homeownership, Habitat families experience improved health, improved educational outcomes for their children, increased family incomes and other benefits arising from living in a safe, decent home.
What happens next?
We are committed to keeping you informed of our schedule. Please visit this site periodically for project updates.
For any concerns regarding the planning process, your point of contact is Alex MacMillan, Project Coordinator. He can be reached at or 905-455-0883 x228.