June 22, 2016
We have incorporated public feedback into a redesign of our plan for this site, and we are currently working with Town staff to refine the updated plan. Stay tuned for new drawings and images which we will post here once finalized.
November 11, 2015
Yesterday evening we hosted an open house for neighbours and community members at The Link in Georgina. We presented our plans and answered questions about Habitat GTA. Thank you to all the individuals who took the time to stop by and offer their feedback.
We will soon be receiving comments from Town staff and will be taking this, along with the public feedback, into account as we further refine our plans.
November 6, 2015
We are hosting a community open house next Tuesday, November 10th from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at The Link (20849 Dalton Road). If you are a neighbour or community member, this will be your first opportunity to learn about what is being proposed and contribute your ideas to the process. Habitat for Humanity staff from various departments will be present to answer any questions you may have. We look forward to speaking with you!
August 18, 2015
The Dalton Road rezoning application was submitted to the Town of Georgina on July 10th. See below for the proposed site plan that was submitted with the application. The plan shows the eight proposed units within two townhouse blocks.
Development Proposal for Dalton Road
We are pleased to share with you our plans as we begin the rezoning process to permit the construction of eight, two and three-story townhomes on Dalton Road (just south of Woodriver Bend) in the Town of Georgina.
What are we planning?
- We are proposing one two-storey building and one three-story building for a total of eight ownership units in the form of townhomes.
- To ensure that the property complements the neighbouring area, we will be using high-quality building materials and providing ample landscaped open space featuring new trees and native plants.
- We will be minimizing the noise and light from vehicle movements with an interior private driveway and providing two resident parking spaces per unit and ample visitor parking.
Who will live there?
To qualify for homeownership with Habitat GTA, a partner family must meet the following criteria:
- They must be currently living in unsafe, unhealthy, overcrowded housing;
- They must have a demonstrated track record of employment in order to be able to carry a modest mortgage, and;
- They must be willing to volunteer 500 “sweat equity” hours to help build their own home, other Habitat homes, or volunteering in our ReStores or with events.
Like all other homeowners, these families will pay property taxes while building home equity. In general, after homeownership, Habitat families experience improved health, improved educational outcomes for their children, increased family incomes and other benefits arising from living in a safe, decent home.
What happens next?
We are committed to keeping you informed of our schedule. Please visit this site periodically for project updates.
For concerns regarding the planning process, your point of contact is Geoffrey McGrath, Director, Land Planning. He can be reached at email@example.com or 416-755-7353 x 247.